San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Jira Administrator provides configuration control and administrative support of Atlassian Suite (JIRA/Confluence/Stash) & DOORS applications. The Jira Administrator is the key liaison, which works closely with colleagues and customers to ensure the effective operation of CTS Support systems. This position works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of software installation documentation.
- Install, manage and administer JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Ensure systems are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Strong focus on Jira Administration involving custom projects, workflows, fields, dashboards and reports configurations.
- Administer the JIRA and Confluence instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling the instances, JIRA tools administration.
- Guides and maintains the organization of data in Confluence.
- Utilizes Stash to help the team with all release and configuration related tasks around software builds into pre-production and production environments.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Fluency in the use of IBM/Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management tool.
- Assist in the development, updating and maintenance of DOORS training materials, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Guide engineers in utilizing the DOORS tool to effectively manage requirements.
- Support software engineers with DOORS issues.
- Basic software and electrical engineering concepts.
- User account management for Atlassian products and DOORS.
- IT project management methodologies knowledge a plus.
- Performs problem analysis and system design utilizing a good understanding of business system functions and requirements.
- Develops and maintains integration programs and processes across systems.
- Produces detailed requirements, specifications, 3rd tier application technical guidance and user documentation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two year college degree, or equivalent, in computer science or related technical field plus a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Atlassian products and DOORS.
- Must have a proven track record with Atlassian migrations and upgrades.
- Must have strong working knowledge of IT systems.
- Must be able to handle conflicting priorities from numerous sources in a fluid, multi-task environment.
- Must be able to work in a congenial manner with a variety of technical, administrative and management personalities.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.