Sr Developer (Oracle & Unix)
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- The position requires strong Oracle database knowledge to work on a complex rule based multi-channel marketing campaign platform supporting Fortune 100 companies. The position’s purpose includes, but is not limited to:
- Setup/configuration of the development environment
- Analysis and design of new and enhanced features for the marketing platform as per business requirements
- Communication with QA, product and production support teams etc. to deliver new or enhanced features and address issues/concerns
- Development of features as per design provided
- Assistance of Production Support team for troubleshooting issues
- Development work for automation of operational tasks.
- Support system patch or version upgrade
- Assist with reporting tasks
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of other team members.
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Recommend business process flow improvements and clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management.
- Develops and implements solutions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the design and implementation process for new products/projects, informing senior executive of alternatives.
- Administer full project documentation efforts in accordance with policy and procedure
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA)
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures associated with development requires improvement and helps in the process improvement activity.
- Update/create Knowledge Base Articles and case studies as necessary. Assist in the creation and improvement of Knowledge Management
- Developer with 6-8 years of experience required.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Excellent skills in Oracle databases and PL/SQL.
- Need to be strong in Unix environment and capable of Unix Shell scripting.
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Oracle-based solutions.
- Knowledge of database architecture and best practices for Oracle SQL and PL/SQL coding style and application tuning.
- Experience designing and developing complex enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) on large Oracle databases using SDLC methodologies (agile, waterfall).
- Excellent in impact-analysis and root cause analysis.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Experience in performance tuning, application monitoring and support of production applications with distributed teams.
- Ability to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to new architecture and technologies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment that includes geographically distributed team members.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to design and build flexible and extensible systems with focus on code reuse and generation.
- Experience with writing detailed technical specifications for developers; design, validate and execute software test plans.
- Familiar with Application Development Life Cycle and be able to independently participate in each components.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and experience in automotive marketing and/or CRM applications preferred.
- Experience with Informatica or some ETL tool, and TFS preferred.
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly to maintain operational stability.
- Motivated to learn new applications and domain.
- Possess appetite for learning through exploration and reverse engineering.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- ehavioral Attributes:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.