Production Support Developer
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
This position provides ongoing production support for the automotive marketing platform.The position’s purpose includes, but is not limited to:
- Setup/configuration of the production system.
- Daily monitor and support for the production system.
- Communication with development, product and account management teams etc. to address issues/concerns.
- Operation of data systems to export data to the third-party systems.
- Development work for automation of operational tasks.
- Support system patch or version upgrade.
- Assist with reporting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of applications with technologies such as .NET C#/SQL Server/jQuery/HTML5.
- Supports the initial review and analysis of Help Desk Tickets, as per Problem Management procedures. Debug and trouble shoot production issues.
- Develops and implements solutions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the design and implementation process for new products/projects, and evaluates impacts on the operation, informing senior executive of alternatives.
- Analyze user requests and assist with design from support perspective.
- Provide in-depth and strong technical specialty and knowledge to the team.
- Develop structures, forms and outputs based on business and/or application requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct tests and project implementations, for the Team, under the direction of superiors. Administer full project documentation efforts in accordance with policy and procedure
- Advise, and mentor team members in the specialized technical areas as well as fulfill administrative duties as defined by support process
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA)
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures associated with support requires improvement and helps in the process improvement activity.
- Work with the Incident Monitoring and Escalation Processes and ensures that appropriate escalation of all support related issues.
- Collect data and develop metrics to report on performance against future defined Service Level Agreements and targets, and analyzes deviations from the agreed service levels and suggests actions/improvements.
- Develop Metrics to Assess & Improve Production Support services organization utilizing Continual Service Improvement methodologies. Metrics will be trended to show improvement or decline of service.
- Update/create Knowledge Base Articles and case studies as necessary.
- Assist in the creation and improvement of Knowledge Management.
- Developer with 4-6 years of experience required.
- Excellent skills in C#, ASP.NET, SQL, and PowerShell scripting language.
- Good knowledge about angular.js, Bootstrap, and HTML5.
- Excellent skills in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, and respective procedural languages (PL/SQL and T-SQL).
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Team Suite), Microsoft .NET Framework, Team Foundation Server (TFS), XML, SOAP, REST API, Web Services.
- Good knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL.
- Good knowledge of web architectural patterns
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Comfortable working in Unix environment and capable of Unix Shell scripting.
- Familiar with Application Development Life Cycle and be able to independently participate in each components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly to maintain operational stability.
- Motivated to learn new applications and domain.
- Possess appetite for learning through exploration and reverse engineering.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.