Senior Quality Engineer
Goleta, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for a hands-on problem solver with the ability to work both as an independent auditor performing source inspection and surveys at vendor locations and within a team of self-motivated employees, providing quality assurance monitoring during system design., material procurement, parts and system fabrication, integration, testing and installation at customer's designated locations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test effort.
- Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Active team member contributing to design and project reviews internally and with customers.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards.
- Coordinate and actively participate in outside inspection, analysis and other tests. ( i.e., hydrophone acoustic testing, component failure analysis, and factory/site acceptance testing.(FAT/SAT).
- Provide training for receiving and in-process inspection personnel.
- Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Develop Pricing and Delivery Costs Estimates, Dept ETCs and EACs.
- Working knowledge of incoming and in-process inspection techniques.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Hands-on support for mechanical, electrical and optical inspections.
- Fluent in use of PC based programs such as MS Office, MRP systems, AutoCAD and or Solidworks.
- Must posses excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to convey information to inspection, engineering , management staff, suppliers and subcontractors, customers and auditors.
Education and Experience:
- BSME, BSEE, or BSIE degree.
- 10 plus years of experience in inspection/quality engineering in an aerospace or equivalent type-manufacturing environment.
- Strong BG in ISO90001/AS9100C (experience with AS9100 Rev D a plus), Quality Management Systems, familiar with ANSI Z540 calibration requirements, ANSI Z1.
- Sampling Procedures, and familiar with SPC, TQM Lean Six Sigma quality engineering methods.
- Passport required.
- Domestic and International travel required for source inspection, acceptance testing and at sea systems installations.
- Strong consideration will be placed on candidates who can go to sea and support project installation requirements.