San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of proposal including budget, content and quality of the product.
- Represents the organization as the primary proposal contact.
- Assist with development of proposal plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Manage and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet RFP requirements.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of proposal team, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Participates in cost and contractual input; identifies issues and recommends solutions to unusually complex technical issues.
- Develops pre-proposal and proposal related submissions, RFI – Requests for information, as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and may present results to management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- Documents findings, communicates results to proposal or management staff and makes technical presentations as required.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and nine or more years of progressive professional experience in proposal development with at least three of those years in management.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge in the development, coordination and application of proposal principles, concepts, regulations, and practices; comprehensive project leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones; and in depth knowledge of defense industry processes and practices.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in resolving complex management and technical problems; (2) the ability to serve as spokesperson on various projects; (3) strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with others; and (4) knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.