Ayer, Massachusetts - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Commodity Buyer has direct hands-on and management responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials.The Commodity Buyer is an expert at managing demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of Quality and On Time Delivery.The Commodity Buyer is responsible to identify and take actions on solutions to procurement issues that include supplier performance, supplier selection, obsolescence, data/specification/documentation completeness, and other causes of delay.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Executing best practices for timely purchase order (PO) placement
- Estimating material costs & lead time for customer quote bids
- Maintenance of outstanding supplier PO commitments.
Measures of Success Include:
- Meeting demand for material & estimates with a low backlog of outstanding PO & quote lines, Customer OTD, and efficiency metrics.
- Managing Supplier POs (e.g. cost, lead time, quoting, delivery, quality, RMAs, etc.).