San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Project Manager is responsible for defining, planning, and directing multiple enterprise level Software Development and Information Technology projects. The person filling this role must have experience leading cross-functional teams in both Agile with Scrum and Traditional SDLC environments. A solid technical background, keen analytical skills, proficiency at written communication, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
The successful candidate will manage cross-functional teams in the planning, execution, and delivery of high quality products in both Agile with Scrum and traditional SDLC environments. Proactively drive the full software development life cycle from inception through post-production including planning, scheduling, and control of projects. The candidate will also report to the Automotive Project Management Office (PMO) and have functions, such as but not limited to tools management, process documentations, project metrics and reporting.
- Effectively monitor progress against project plans, identifying risks, issues, and mitigation strategies. Create detailed schedules, burn down and velocity charts, project progress reports, and other deliverables essential to project execution and control.
- Coordinate development and delivery activities among various project participants and stakeholders.
- Manage project scope, schedules, issues, risks, and resources in support of all project activities.
- Daily interactions with the Program/Product Management, Product Development and Account teams.
- Create, maintain and publish the Program Development Plan (PDP) that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation to key business stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the Plan through effective participation in change control processes.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documentation.
- Track Production Releases to ensure releases are on track and client UATs are scheduled.
- Participate in CPDP (cross-program development program) meetings for project prioritization.
- Mentor other team members on project management techniques and deliverables.
- Play a proactive role in the promotion of project management methods and standards, implementation of good project management practice, and the monitoring of certain projects.
- Improve the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Project Manager in Software Development or Information Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required (Computer Science or closely related field preferred).
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Very detail oriented and organized.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite.
- Project management "tool" experience such as Microsoft Project, Rally or JIRA.
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 (TFS) and Visual Studio 2010 experience.
- Knowledge of CRM Applications, Content Management, Web, CSS, ASP.net, APIs, SQL and Oracle Databases, Salesforce.com or PeopleSoft.
- Experience with Requirement Management and/or Program Management tools.
- Automotive Industry knowledge.