Senior Network Engineer
Arlington, Virginia - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the provisioning and management of virtualized systems (both Linux and Windows) on VMware vSphere 6.0. A proven IT professional with networking and security experience within the DoD environment is required. The candidate will install and configure Windows Server 2008 SP2, 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 systems in a virtual environment and maintain libraries of baseline templates.The candidate can automate routine and repetitive system administration tasks using PowerShell and maintain library of custom scripts for reuse. The candidate should understand NetApp iSCSI and Fibre-Channel based storage systems running Clustered Data ONTAP and have experience managing Domain GPOs to maintain security settings across all domain connected systems.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provisioning and management of Linux and Windows virtualized systems on VMware vSphere 6.0.
- Maintain security baselines using host profiles.
- Manage clusters, maintain and update ESX hosts using Update manager on VCSA.
- Conduct system optimization tasks such as performance tuning, interpreting ESXTOP and other performance indicators to determine potential system bottlenecks.
- Script development to automate processes and monitor system performance.
- Support the operations of a production enterprise application running Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 on multiple Windows servers.
- Perform Windows technical analysis and operational support.
- Operation and maintenance of the OS including application of patches and upgrades.
- Handle support desk tickets related to the operation system and application.
- Experience working with DHA projects in all life cycles.
- Understand Government policies and terminology in support of security requirements. For instance, understands RMF, C&A, POA&M, Audits etc. and support the tasks, deadlines and compliance associated with these requirements.
- Control consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- Work with database administrators to ensure the integrity of the database environments. Assist database administrators with performance and capacity issues.
- On call and after-hours maintenance support required.
- Maintain system documentation and write installation and operations documents.
- Effectively interact with the customer.
- Some travel to US and overseas sites may be required.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, computer science Mathematics or related.
- Job related experience needed 5 years.
- Specify all must-have skill-sets/experience Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2/SP2.
- Basic knowledge of IIS/Tomcat and .NET Framework.
- Experience in the creation, deployment, and operation of IT systems.
- Expert knowledge in managing schedule, performance, and quality of the IT systems development life-cycle.
- Experience in managing the relationship with Government hosting environments.
- 5% Travel.
- Experience managing projects in similar size and scope.