Field Application Engineer - Detroit
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Remote sales position
- Reports to the General Manager of the Automotive Business Unit – located in China.
- Electronic components experience – inductors, chokes, filters, transformers, switches, etc.
- Sales manager will be interfacing with engineers – good technical ability
- Know competitors (Payton, Sumida, Premo, TDK/Epcos, Coilcraft, Murata, Top Nation)
- Know key customers in the Detroit area (Continental, Bosch, Delphi, GM, Ford, ZF)
- 7 to 10 years of experience
- EE or equivalent required.
- EXPERIENCE: 4-7 years overall work experience required, of which 1-2 years electronic design experience and 1-2 years OEM sales experience of electronic components is preferred.
- 4 years exposure in the Datacom, Telecom, Industrial and Automotive markets is highly valued.
- Technical knowledge of active circuit design and application of signal conditioning magnetics as appropriate to Network Access product line. Working knowledge in preparation of economic justification proposals and plans. Must be conversant in electronic circuit design and magnetics tuning for system level performance compliance.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products including PowerPoint and Word. Experience with SalesForce.com valued.
- Serve as direct, first line of technical contact in product development. Must support Account Managers’ success while competing for internal resources to respond to mutually identified opportunities. Time and resource management – both personal and that of the BU and Company. Understanding of the financial contributions and risks associated with recommended direction of product development. Involves a great deal of personal creativity and ownership. The products chosen for development must be selected and qualified based on close knowledge and understanding of the customers’ requirements with an appreciation for industrywide deployment. Position requires a significant amount of travel, up to 50%.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
Customer visits to manufacturers and OEM/ODM customers.
Analyze industry and market technical requirements to define future product development needs.
Work with Product Management and Marketing to define datasheets, promotional materials and pricing strategies.
Aid in development of business plans and justification of department and company resources.
Oversee, prioritize and manage internal issues to ensure customer satisfaction in production development.
Other duties as assigned.
Up to 50% travel required