Mechanical Assembler / Quality Control Inspection
Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hand assemble small parts of various materials such as plastic, metal, rubber utilizing tools and hand presses to produce rotating electrical connectors.
- Quality control inspection of incoming parts and purchased goods and materials to pass or reject based on item specifications.
- QC inspection requires ability to accurately measure parts and materials utilizing fine increment hand scales, micrometers- depth / thickness / pipe gauge thickness, calipers, plug gauges, dial indicator, and eye loop magnification for part finishes.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand manufacturing dimensional prints.
- Follow manufacturing drawings and instructions for assembling all the various products.
- Position parts in specified relationship to each other on the line flow assembly production benches.
- Operate the various mechanical arbor presses, to press fit the required parts together.
- Work at different work stations throughout the production process to facilitate a constant flow of quality control double checking each other’s work.
- Ability to pick up and orient small parts into fixed tooling stations.
- Basic mechanical aptitude is necessary to understand apply proper physical force (enough but not too much) needed to assemble parts that press fit together in the arbor presses.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma is a plus.
- Requires minimum 3 years working with QC inspections and measuring tools mentioned above.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes, airborne particles and chemicals that are well within the guidelines of OSHA standards. Employees work near moving mechanical equipment and/or parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp with fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms ; and talk and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to walk, and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.