Licensed Sr. Structural Engineer
Chicago, Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
PEAK Technical is assisting a client in a search for a Licensed Sr. Structural Engineer. In this position, you will manage complex design engineering contracts and oversee the development of bid documents for capital improvements on a railroad.
- Manage complex design engineering contracts and oversee the development of bid documents for capital improvements on a railroad system.
- Determine forces and stresses in structural bridge elements. Prescribe safe structural loading conditions, bridge inspection and maintenance procedures, and design bridge repairs and modifications.
- Maintain Bridge Management Program as required by the FRA Bridge Safety Program.
- Represent the Engineering Department on matters requiring Structural Engineering analysis, review, input or decisions.
- Verify all projects comply with federal, state, local and railroad design requirements.
- Lead and collaborate with engineering consultants, contractors, other railroads and agencies for all type of engineering related projects and matters.
- Plan the technical scopes, schedules, and staffing.
- Work with various departments to execute technical coordination of structural matters, monitor progress, and ensure projects remains on schedule.
- Develop and review plans, specifications, and independent cost estimates. Review documents for accuracy, constructibility and conformity to contractual requirements.
- Manage and track contract funds to ensure fund availability, monitor expiring contracts and adherence to Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) goals. Review and approve consultant invoicing.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Civil Engineering required, Masters of Science Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Must be licensed Structural Engineer.
- In addition, eight (8) years of experience in Civil Engineering in the design of bridges, buildings and related structures.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and interpret specifications for both bridges and buildings.
- Must have experience with underground utility design, including preparing plans and profiles for roadways, railways, bridges, water and sewer systems.