Associate Project Manager
Orlando, Florida - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Facilitate scope definition, and high-level planning, discovery, and estimation workshops for projects with cross-functional teams.
- Quantify cost factors to deliver project deliverables including resources, project oversight, objective risk and related contingency.
- Document key assumptions and dependencies established through estimation activities.
- Prepare and present high-level plan with estimates for executives and cross-functional leaders based on estimate outcomes.
- Create project schedule and communication plans.
- Ensure proactive scheduling of key deliverables, milestones and deliverable tasks.
- Establish project financial forecasts including resource plans and other expense plans.
- Develop the project plan and schedule with cross discipline functional leads.
- Ensure necessary steps and dependencies to deliver projects and components are established.
- Validate that scope can be completed within timeline and budget.
- Estimate resource needs with help from functional leads.
- Confidently lead and drive cross-functional projects, and individual project tracks of large programs through full delivery life-cycle ensuring project is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization, and change control.
- Work with cross discipline team members to validate project assumptions and review project plans with leadership.
- Ensure proper documentation of scope of work with help from cross discipline functional leads.
- Serve as primary liaison among multiple teams, including Product Management, Design, Technology, vendors and other key functional delivery teams for the project (when appropriate).
- Communicate regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting as required.
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments.
- Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation.
- Prevent scope creep, record causes of change, and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget, as well as forecasts, are approved and communicated in a timely manner.
- Use metrics, including burn-down charts, to drive performance, efficiency and forecast improvements.
- Ensure proper project closure including retroactives/lessons learned, transition and hand-off to production operations support, and final financial reporting.
- Direct management and accountability for single project budgets of $2-5M in labor.
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in project management with an online retailer, ideally in eCommerce, marketing, merchandising, or operations; Consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong project leader with at least 4 years of experience in leading large, multidisciplinary digital teams (preferably websites, mobile web, and apps).
- 2-5 years Agile delivery experience.
- 1-2 years mobile application (iOS, Android) delivery experience.
- Minimum 3 years of client management experience in successfully delivering internet solutions, preferably in a global client-service organization.
- Experience in a matrixed responsibility organization working with multiple Product Managers per effort.
- Strong experience facilitating the gathering and development of requirements for complex solutions.
- Possesses significant practical experience in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning).
- Experienced in multiple full lifecycle software deliveries from business development to final software acceptance.
- Led teams with multiple discipline represented (including product management/strategy, technology, design, SEO, and analytics).
- Proven accomplishment as a driver of multiple projects running concurrently.
- Proven track record managing individual project budgets and budget roll-up of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities.
- Ability to lead teams to a successful delivery approach.
- Able to confidently lead teams to a successful delivery approach.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Able to work under tight timetables and high pressure situations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle, shift gears, and maintain a sense of humor; deliver under extreme deadlines and intense business environment.
- Must possess excellent business communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues.
- Comfortable when communicating with executive level (Directors, VPs) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions.
- Practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win/win agreements and outcomes.
- Must be open to coaching and guidance.
- Exhibit good judgment skills on when to seek guidance and when to escalate risks and issues.