Field Application Engineer - Bay Area
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Establish relationships with key design engineers and marketing managers at IC suppliers and OEM companies in San Diego, CA. Identify and work with the technical decision makers in the early development stages of projects, ensure that Company has a part developed, and drive box design-in or IC reference board placement. Work closely with the San Diego Engineering team, the rest of the CTM team, and CS to support customer requirements.
- EDUCATION: BSEE, Business Administration or equivalent required. MBA Preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 4-7 years overall work experience required, of which 1-2 years electronic design experience and 1-2 years OEM sales experience of electronic components is preferred. 3-
- 4 years exposure in the Datacom, Telecom, Industrial and Automotive markets is highly valued.
- Technical knowledge of active circuit design and application of signal conditioning magnetics as appropriate to Network Access product line. Working knowledge in preparation of economic justification proposals and plans. Must be conversant in electronic circuit design and magnetics tuning for system level performance compliance.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products including PowerPoint and Word. Experience with SalesForce.com valued.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- INTERNAL: Daily interaction with Account Managers to coordinate penetration activities. Daily interaction with departmental Design Engineers to specify product requirements and coordinate product development. Weekly interaction with Product Marketing, Program
- Management, and Design Engineering leadership to prioritize and coordinate product development needs.
- Daily and regular interaction with customers, silicon manufacturers, designers and
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Serve as direct, first line of technical contact in product development. Must support Account Managers’ success while competing for internal resources to respond to mutually identified opportunities. Time and resource management – both personal and that of the BU and Company. Understanding of the financial contributions and risks associated with recommended direction of product development. Involves a great deal of personal creativity and ownership. The products chosen for development must be selected and qualified based on close knowledge and understanding of the customers’ requirements with an appreciation for industrywide deployment. Position requires a significant amount of travel, up to 50%.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
- Customer visits to silicon manufacturers and OEM/ODM customers.
- Analyze industry and market technical requirements to define future product development needs.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to define datasheets, promotional materials and pricing strategies.
- Aid in development of business plans and justification of department and company resources.
- Oversee, prioritize and manage internal issues to ensure customer satisfaction in production development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Up to 50% travel required