Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
Queensbury, New York - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Knowledgeable, Engineering Environmental Heath and Safety (EHS) resource leading EHS related engineering projects to completion. Improving Environmental Health and Safety performance in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support facility’s EHS program and tactical plans.
- Design, develop, qualify, and validate manufacturing processes and tooling/equipment related to Safety/Ergonomic corrective actions and improvements.
- Author CRs, protocols, technical reports and AFEs.
- Review new manufacturing processes to assess compliance with environmental and safety standards.
- Perform PM equipment Safety reviews. Trouble-shoot unsafe processes and equipment with ability to develop corrective actions.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations & understand how they impact business.
- Manage the storage, recycle, reuse & disposal of residual, universal and hazardous wastes.
- Participate in facility safety meetings, and other project teams.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist EHS Coordinator with;
- Develop, implement and oversee procedures and programs to ensure Federal and State compliance with OSHA, EPA, and DEC.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly regulatory reports for OSHA, DEC, EPA, GF WWTP.
- Perform environmental and safety training to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Investigate safety & occupational health related injuries/accidents.
- Audit periodically for compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, corporate policies and Divisional procedures.
- Perform or coordinate Industrial Hygiene monitoring, interpreting the results and implement changes as required.
- Proven experience using independent judgment to perform job responsibilities, including taking a lead role in managing projects with effective results.
- Ability to translate technical documents to manufacturing operators.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills across all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of OSHA, and principles of environmental health and safety programs.
- Knowledge of Air Emission, Haz Waste, EPA - ( Wastewater) regulations.
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety science, or four year degree in a related engineering/technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of safety engineering requirements for electrical, mechanical, chemical, and physical hazards.
- Occasionally requires some physical effort or occasional lifting of items (i.e. up to 30 lbs un-assisted).
- Frequently requirement to walk; sit; use hands or arms (to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls). The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Must be physically able to wear personal protective equipment to include, (safety shoes, respirators) required to perform this job safely.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential function of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.