Business Excellence Manager
Queensbury, New York - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Business Excellence Manager is a champion for process improvement; this employee will take a lead role in the development of an operational excellence and continuous improvement culture within the company. They will ensure the necessary skills, tools and other resources are in place to facilitate the optimization of performance and will act as an important change agent, champion for culture change and process transformation while driving continuous improvement. This incumbent should possess strong leadership and influence skills to solve complex problems with an emphasis on, improving the quality, compliance, service, and business financials. The Business Excellence Manager is also responsible for providing technical knowledge, and support using the continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc... This role should be capable of managing difficult manual assembly manufacturing process and problems through a well and sound methodology. As well as being able to comprehend and fully apply new technology developments. In addition to, responsibilities over any technical and/or engineering personnel assigned to the projects and/or initiatives directly or indirectly. The Business Excellence Manager is also responsible to provide technical support and provide coaching/mentoring to the GFO team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and lead the implementation of the continuous improvement strategy throughout the organization including:
- Development of Appropriate Metrics and Measuring Systems
- Facilitate cost savings (A3) Process
- Lead Continuous improvement Project Management
- Lead Lean Six Sigma Training
- Lead Kaizen Program
- Oversee the development and implementation of standard work program that will form the basis of improvements.
- Strengthening Cross-Functional Representation, Engagement, Accountability, Ownership and Communication.
- Support company business model initiatives develop strategies and drive execution to optimize business processes.
- Support leadership in meeting business goals. Includes identifying and prioritizing the right business opportunities.
- Review ongoing performance trends to drive an overall improvement and consistency in manufacturing line output.
- Collaborate with Managers/Leaders to identify each department’s top priorities and determine best methods for driving process and culture change.
- Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Implement systematic problem solving /root cause analysis process.
- Participate in new product introductions and product transfer ensuring waste is identified and eliminated.
- Engage, train and coach all employees to become active champions of the process.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years Business Excellence/Continuous Improvement leadership experience in lean manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years Project Management experience.
- 5+ years Change Management experience-creating and leading a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Demonstrated success in several significant savings and cultural change projects.
- Proven ability to solve problems and conflicts, work well with others and demonstrate team work.
- Excellent communication skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Customer focus, innovative, results oriented.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and positive demeanor/attitude.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification. Master Black Belt preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent. Master Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Process Excellence experience or equivalent
Personal Trait Profile:
- Team oriented
- Lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully
- Logical and creative thinker
- Poised, strong personal impact
- Ability to influence others – credible
- Ability to articulate the BELS philosophy
- Facilitation skills