Jobs related to "Chief Compliance Officer (MSB)"
Chief Compliance Officer (MSB)
ACG Resources , Chicago Illinois
Chief Compliance Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Code of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting to regulators, duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance Hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Code of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Develops an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Interacts with state and federal regulators.
- Represents the company during regulatory exams and audits, provides required documents/information.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in compliance, at least 5 years in an MSB.
Expert-level understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to MSB’ s and a broad knowledge of operational and risk management practices, AML/BSA/OFAC Policies and Procedures within an MSB.
A Bachelor’ s degree required; Master’ s preferred
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, proactive attitude, ability to work independently
Proven leadership skills
Self-motivated, high level of dependability, detail oriented, strong organizational skills, superior writing skills, ability to multi-task.
Experience working with regulators, auditors, examiners and law enforcement
Familiar with MSB State licensing (manual and NMLS)
Proficient in drafting procedures and evaluating internal controls.
Availability for business travel when required.
MSB experience required