Jobs related to "Electrical Engineer"
PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Pittsburgh pennsylvania
This job is no longer available.
- Lead electrical and electronic design of automated driving components and data acquisition systems.
- Work closely with autonomy experts to translate system requirements into sensing, computing, and actuation hardware.
- Work internally or with subcontractors and partners to produce and integrate components.
- Establish and support test activities to verify component and system behaviors.
- Help build and oversee a team of hardware engineers and technicians.
- Help assemble and stock a state-of-the-art workshop for building and testing automated driving systems.
- Be willing to travel locally and interstate in support of testing activities.
- Be hands-on, willing, and able to design and build things yourself when needed.
- Have led or been involved in small teams building interesting hardware.
- Be self-directed with the ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment.
- Hold a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent experience.
Specific Skills Desired:
- Broad knowledge of automated driving sensors, e.g. Radar, LiDAR, cameras etc.
- Broad knowledge of automotive actuators, e.g. throttle, brake, power steering, AEB, ADAS etc.
- Proficient in Altium Designer or similar PCB layout software.
- Proficient in the C programming language. Proficiency in additional languages including C++ and Python preferred.
- Experience with automotive standards, e.g. CAN/J1939, ISO 26262.
- Experience with board support for micro-controllers, FPGAs, and/or DSPs.
- Experience with in-vehicle power systems
- Experience with EMI and RFI design principles, testing and mitigation
- Experience with automotive safety and compliance testing, specifications, protocols, and verification
- Experience with IEEE 1588 PTP protocol
- Experience with Design for Reliability and DFM
- Understand automotive electrical and electronic systems.
- Have experience working with automotive or similar industry standards.
- Have experience with safety critical hardware design.
- Proven ability to build, test, and iterate quickly.