Sr Network Engineer
San Jose, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Involved with installation, maintenance, advanced trouble shooting and administration of existing network systems. Trains end-users and responds to user inquires. Modifies configuration standard templates. Participates in major network installations and upgrades. Trouble shoots complex network problems. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance. Presents recommendations on network interfaces and configurations.
- Proficient in supporting Cisco Switching, Routing and Wireless environments.
- Must have solid understanding of Physical Layer infrastructure.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient user of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (excel, and Visio a must).
- Knowledge of Cisco PRIME Management System
- Good understanding of Remedy Ticketing system
- Cisco CCNP Certification in switching and/or wireless networks
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years equivalent work experience supporting Cisco networks.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years of work experience.