Queensbury, New York - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Responsible for the acquisition and administration, at optimum balance of cost, quality, and supplier service, of all materials and services necessary for the company’s production and operating needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Optimize the utilization of the ERP system.
- Supervise buyers and purchasing assistants.
- Ensure the availability of materials required for production.
- Develop supplier relationships which service to assist Bard in achieving goals.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best balance of cost, quality, and service.
- Track supplier performance metrics and work to improve.
- Participate in new product introductions.
- Monitor/track/reporting inventory levels and continuously work to ensure appropriate levels.
- Participate in and support Corporate Purchasing.
- Understand GMP regulations, especially as they relate to Materials Control.
- Strong functional knowledge of ERP systems.
- Ability to read component specifications and drawings.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- CPIM/CPM preferable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Materials Management.
- Work permits employee to remain seated with some fatiguing posture.
- Occasional lifting between 1-5 lbs.
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, with little or no exposure to injury or other health hazards.