Valencia, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The ideal Candidate will be running the Engineering department of about 10. You will be responsible for remaining hands on to get work done, and make sure that everyone stays on task.
Mechanical design of mechanical moving parts/mechanisms for Theme Parks, special effects in Museums, Science Centers, high tech displays, attractions, and interactive exhibits. You will be responsible for equipment development, design, bills of materials, maintenance manuals, project related documentation and as-built documentation at project completion. Assist with manufacturing and installation coordination equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Run the Engineering Department.
- Budget, Schedules, Vendor Management.
- Design custom mechanical equipment and systems.
- Generate conceptual, fabrication and installation level drawings using Autodesk Inventor 3-D design software.
- Create Bill of Material and coordinate with purchasing department for procurement of materials for assigned projects.
- Generate and update Project Design Documents for assigned projects using various software packages including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Require Minimum of 10 years work experience.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 drafting standards including Geometric Dimension and Tolerance and Basic Dimensioning.
- Practical or theoretical experience creating detailed engineering drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices.
- Experience with specifying or designing automated equipment.
- Theming with Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) design or manufacturing is a plus.
- Large Equipment.
- Large Machinery.
- Heavy Machining.
- Material Handling equipment.
- Conveyor systems.
- Constant Movement.