Irvine, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Maintains and repairs machinery, electrical/mechanical equipment, and facility electrical needs. Troubleshoots, repairs, and installs electronic equipment and electrical circuits and wiring.
- Maintains operation of machinery, electrical/mechanical equipment, and facility electrical infrastructure.This includes equipment such as A/C systems, chillers, refrigeration, and DC motors of 20hp and possibly larger.
- Assesses electrical equipment repair or upgrade needs. Makes repair/buy recommendations as needed to optimize budget, performance, and economical factors.
- Troubleshoots and repairs manufacturing equipment such as motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers. Installs new electrical equipment and components as needed. Follows diagrams, sketches, manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications as necessary.
- Removes, fixes, and installs circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, and/or wire. Works with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers as needed.
- Possesses working knowledge of 110v, 220v and 440v circuits, AC/DC voltage, and electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Engages in preventive maintenance activities with equipment and facility. This includes inspecting equipment, identifying problems, and correcting faults before breakdowns occur.
- Provides training to Junior Electrician and/or trainee. Functions as a mentor to impart knowledge for diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of facility electrical equipment and systems.
- Advises management of any potential hazards involving the facility or equipment. Recommends corrective action.
- Utilizes hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, knives, and hacksaws. Also uses power tools and testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, amp meters, and test lamps.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories. Checks stock to determine inventory level. Anticipates needed equipment, parts, and supplies. Places and expedites orders.
- Maintains and performs periodic calibration program for plant instrumentation.
- Follows safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
A fully qualified individual must have the ability to conduct all job functions in English; read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos; interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instructions and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondences; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- A minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Recommended 4 years plus of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience with manufacturing is required.
- Chemical or converting industry experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills in Japanese and /or Spanish are a plus.