San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under the general direction of the Sr. Design Engineer, the Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting the engineering and operations personnel with new product introduction activities, as well as on-going manufacturing projects. The candidate will support engineering services in the development, testing, and building of prototype units. We are looking for a talented individual with significant experience and a broad range of skill sets to join our engineering and manufacturing services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support from product testing and troubleshooting to quality control.
- Operate a broad range of electronic and electro-mechanical testing equipment.
- Collaborates with senior mechanical engineers to set up and perform proof of concept testing.
- Performs operational testing of engineering prototypes in varying complexities.
- Assists new product introduction in support of manufacturing services.
- Troubleshoots to component level and implement repairs.
- Performs first article inspections and inspection reporting.
- Supports maintenance and sustainment of test equipment.
- Interprets CAD drawing and assemblies.
- Works with bills of materials.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Follows all company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
- Associates Degree or greater.
- 4+ years technical experience working, testing, & troubleshooting electro-mechanical machines.
- Proficient in metric and standard dimensional information and conversions.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles a plus.
- Must have good communication both oral and written.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work under supervision and use own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours as business needs.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting;
- Ability to be proactive, flexible, confident, professional, self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary company information
- Excellent problem-solving and project management/planning skills. Understands full scope of issues; sets objectives and meets deadlines.
- Proven ability to influence and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to pass a personal background check and/or clearance at time of hire.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e.: Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, PPAP, APQP) preferred.
- Quality assurance and inspection experience in a GMP, automotive or aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO/TS16949, ISO13485, ASME, TEMA, ANSI, ASTM, NACE, and/or relevant industry codes and standards preferred.
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Understanding of RoHS, Reach, WEEE preferred.
- Operations and 6 Sigma/Lean experience would be a plus.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Knowledge of customer, industry and regulatory requirements preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.); bending/squatting; exposure to enclosed spaces, dust, drafts, and damp areas.
- Manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects is required. Normal range of hearing and vision required to operate machinery.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a variety of different gases, extreme temperatures and moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment and customer locations may be loud.