Washington, District Of Columbia - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
This position directly supports the Director, Office of Information for the Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management (EM).
The Penetration Tester will conduct remote and onsite testing of Information Technology Systems (IT) to detect and report on weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and compliance issues. Candidate should have experience in Network architectures, operating systems, application software, and cyber security tools and techniques.
Additionally, this position requires expertise in the use of penetration testing tools, techniques, and attack vectors to be used in a sanctioned attack or intrusion for the sole purpose of evaluating the security of an IT system and to discover weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or compliance issues that are unknown to the system owner.
This position will be part of a team based in the DOE headquarters facility supporting cyber-security operations to the Director ensuring EM site systems are protected according to federal standards. This position will travel, on a set annual schedule, to various EM sites across the country to conduct penetration and vulnerability assessments at sites responsible for safeguarding the nation’s legacy nuclear production sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Software Engineering, or other related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Must have at least four years of practical experience conducting penetration testing.
- Serve as the lead Penetration Tester and responsible for management of penetration testing program.
- Must have a working knowledge of NIST 800 series guidance for cyber security.
(Cyber Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Application Security, Red Teams, Cyber Security)
Job Requirements and Information:
- Positions: 1 (1-Senior role available)
- Travel: Yes ( 2 weeks out of every-month onsite at customer for 3 days Mon- Wednesday, back Thursday)
- Citizenship Requirements: US
- Active Clearance Requirements: Must have an Active TS clearance (will follow with a DOE Q clearance)
- Ability to obtain Clearance Level: DOE Q
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81827