Senior Firmware Engineer
Tucson, Arizona - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Investigate and track emerging technologies, creating innovative, rapid prototypes to help drive our strategy in the irrigation industry.
- Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, and detailed requirement specifications based upon current and future market needs.
- Activities include design and development of source codes, design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
- Provides input on software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Work closely with project teams, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers
- Self-project manage early research projects
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
- Strong software development, debugging, DFM and DFT skills in C/C++.
- Experience interfacing with common API architectures: Rest, XML, and JSON.
- Able to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, SMTP, SNMP and other networking based components on embedded systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4.
- Experience with 8 and 32-bit microcontroller-based embedded software development and using advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, etc.
- Prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- Experience with "direct low level programming"
- 4+ years of continuous employment
- MS degree
- Experience with various wireless standards (WiFi, BLE, 900Mhz, Zigbee, Z-Wave) and networks highly desired, including embedded networking stacks
- Experience with mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
- Experience developing custom protocols for embedded systems
- Interest in home automation or have worked with home automation products a plus