Schaumburg (NW Suburbs), Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
PEAK Technical is looking for an Automation Technician to help with the install and support our customer's equipment. This position will be based in the NW suburbs of Chicago and will require extensive travel.
The right candidate will have:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 4 years experience in assembly and installation, of automation equipment, robots, or machine tools.
- The ability to learn and use the required software programs to install and troubleshoot our equipment and interfaces between machines and automation.
- Understanding and some ability to edit/program PLC ladder logic, AB and/or Siemens S7 preferred
- Understanding of HMI, including ability to modify existing HMI logic. Prefer experience with Siemens WinCC Flex
- Understanding of and ability to edit Fanuc Robot programs
- A proven track record of electro-mechanical and pneumatic troubleshooting
- Ability to be customer facing-professional communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal & written).
Candidates must also be willing to:
- Work flexible hours and occasional overtime on evenings, weekends, or holidays when necessary.
- Travel up to 85% within North America and occasionally to Germany.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in electrical, CNC controlled systems
We offer a competitive compensation package together with a comprehensive range of employee benefits.