Electrical/Electronics Design Drafter
Menlo Park, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
• Provide general Electro-Mechanical drafting and design support to lead designers, engineering, scientific, and technical staff utilizing knowledge of CAD tools where design parameters and specifications have been established.
• Perform basic calculations to support technical work using standard engineering formulas.
• Process drawings and other technical information using database management software.
• Maintain systems documentation and experimental records.
• Provide graphics and related technical material in support of design reviews, procedures, and other documentation.
• Review completed drawings and other documentation for adherence to SLAC drafting standards and specifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide advanced Electro-Mechanical design and drafting support where overall design parameters and specifications have been established.
• Contribute to preliminary design concepts for hardware, componentry, and systems including making independent judgment and decisions under moderate technical authority.
• Estimate scheduling and costs to determine effective methods in design, materials, and time to meet project deliverables and prepare and present technical material for design reviews, procedures, and other related documentation.
• Associate's Degree (AA/AS) in Electro-Mechanical Drafting; or relevant degree containing significant science, mathematics, electronics, and engineering coursework with related experience; or Certificate in Engineering Technology-Electro-Mechanical Drafting with related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of the standards, procedures, and techniques related to drafting including knowledge of ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standard.
• Demonstrated ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
• Intermediate understanding of function, fabrication, processes, and packaging of electronic systems and mechanical hardware.
• Demonstrated ability to read and follow engineering notes, sketches, drawings specifications, and procedures.
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced knowledge of ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standard and proficient use of CAD software.
• Advanced understanding of electrical and mechanical design principles and demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Advanced knowledge in PCB designs, electrical schematics, engineering hardware design, fabrication, assembly techniques, and materials, testing processes, and manufacturing methods.
• Experience using Altium, AutoCAD, ORACAD, Microstation, Solidedge, Visio and database management software.
• Experience using PCB design software.
• Experience with the selection of low voltage, fiber-optic, control and communication cabling, terminations and connectors, and experience in design of components and hardware related to diagnostic and testing equipment.