Santa Clara, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
As the Jr. Automation Engineer you will work collaboratively with program managers, mechanical and software engineers and manufacturing through the new product development life cycle. This role would be hands on role in our Test Engineering and Automation Engineering programs and will also interface with the company design and program management team..
Provide multiple roles as needed from design, implementation, and commissioning to sales and service support.
Write and collaborate on detailed requirements, design and other documentation with overseas engineering teams
- The engineer should be capable of understanding, bridging and making decisions in all major fields of automation (mechanical, electrical and software).
- The ideal candidate will be an engineer in automation and tool development from concept to tool build. Most likely this is a software/controls engineer that has good experience with driving the mechanical/electrical side.
- 1-2 years developing automation and test equipment
- Experience in multiple platforms (PLC, PC, Robots, Microcontrollers)
- Background in multiple programming environments (C++,C#, Objective-C, ControlLogix)
- Experience in automation best practices
- Experience with automation vision systems
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Ability to produce results independently while tightly coordinating efforts with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work with customers
In addition here is a broad list of qualifications; an automation engineer should be able to understand many of these topics:
- PC Programming – Visual Studio .Net ,C/C++, C#, VB, Objective-C, Python, Java, Multithreading, Libraries, Source Control
- PLCs – Rockwell, Codesys, Keyence, IEC 61131
- Microcontroller and FPGA – Atmel, ST Micro, Altera
- Safety Controllers – GuardLogix, Siemens, Banner, Sick, OMRON
- National Instruments – LabView, Measurement Studio
- Robots – Epson, Denso, FANUC, Motoman, Staubli, Yamaha
- Vision Systems – Cognex, Keyence, Matrox
- Lasers – Trumpf, Rofin, Keyence
- Motion Controllers – MEI, Galil, Aerotech, Bosch, IAI
- SCADA – Rockwell Factory Talk View ME/SE/Distributed, Indusoft, Wonderware
- Databases – Oracle, SQL
- Control Networks – EthernetIP, EtherCat, ASiBus, DeviceNet, Modbus, Serial, Windows Sockets
- IO Systems – Point IO, Flex IO, Festo, Murr, Beckhoff, Phoenix
- Windows – Networking, Server, Scripting
- Operating Systems – Windows Desktop/Server, OSX, Unix, iOS, Android
- Virtual Machines – WMWare, ESXI
- Advanced Microsoft Office and VBA Automation
- CAD – Solidworks, AutoCAD, ProE, PDM Systems
- Lab Equipment – Oscilloscope, Electronic Load, Laser Interferometer
- International Standards – ISO, EN, UL, CE, IEC, TUV
Other General Requirements:
- Knowledge of NFPA 79, NEC, Semi S2, Machine Safety Design Standard (ISO 13849) requirements
- knowledge of off-the-shelf electrical hardware such as PLC, relays, power supply, motion drivers, etc.
- Understanding of motion control systems and applications
- Understanding of PC and PLC controls architecture
- Working knowledge of lab equipment, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, logic analyzers.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and accommodate tight schedules
- Experience with micro control based test equipment
- BS 1-2 years/MS in related discipline
- Capable of speaking/understanding Mandarin is a plus