Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Company is seeking candidates that will analyze and specify, as well as participate in the integration of new, innovative products being developed in the residential and commercial security field, as well as in the home automation field.
- Analyze product marketing and customer requirements; and derive high-level system requirements, as well as product functional requirements.
- Consider product requirements as part of the entire ecosystem, and will be working with all stakeholders involved, including the product management team, various engineering disciplines (hardware, software, test), operations, third-party development partners, and potential customers.
- Communicate these requirements through the publishing of system requirements specifications.
- Participate in the system requirements analysis process and will provide recommendations for design implementation, including hardware partitioning, as well as hardware/software partitioning. Communicate these recommendations through the publishing of system specifications to the engineering team.
- The systems engineer will also participate during system-level integration of the products to ensure that the requirements are being met.
- Work closely with the product management team to help derive product requirements that are feasible within the scope of the system capabilities, as well as assist the product management team in working with potential customers.
- Continuously monitor industry trends through participation in standards bodies that impact Company’s product roadmap, and provide an assessment of the impacts through technical reports to the product and engineering teams.
- Evaluate competitor products to provide feedback to the engineering and product management teams to help validate Company’s product requirements against competitor feature sets, as well as ascertain competitor product maturity to help determine Company’s position in the competitive landscape.
- Minimum of a BSEE degree required; MSEE degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience developing embedded systems and/or system engineering role.
- Must be able to communicate well with team members, verbally and written, to help consolidate system requirements and specifications.
- Development or integration of residential or commercial alarm systems.
- Development or integration of embedded software systems.
- Working knowledge of integration of products with networked back-end systems.
- Working knowledge of low power consumption products and systems.