Overhaul Mechanical Test Technician
Chatsworth, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Overhaul/Test Technician position is responsible for overhauling or repairing and testing electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic accessories (products) at various stages of the repair and overhaul process to determine whether the accessory (products) meets specifications relating to quality, workmanship, dimensions, functionality and performance. Steps in overhauling/repairing include disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, reassembling and testing the unit. The Technician will use CMM’s, drawings, engineering prints or other approved technical data to accomplish this task. The Overhaul/Test Technician will use professional judgment based on their knowledge and experience to qualify components inside the accessory. This component may be critical for the functionality of the end product (accessory).
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, evaluate, reassemble and test all units that we overhaul and or repair in our repair station.
- Perform the required set up to test units.
- Sketch, make, build and/or improvise set ups to test all different varieties of mechanical and electrical devices.
- Keep accurate records through proper documentation of all measurements according to the CMM or relevant technical data. The “B” technician helps to develop such records for the recording of measurement and or test results.
- Familiarize themselves with the Repair Station/Quality Control Manual and Ontic’s AS9100 Quality System.
- Write evaluation reports for each unit. Enter information about the history of the unit into our database system (Findings report).
- The Technician will do in-process inspections as the work order progresses.
- Keep all documents up to date within the work order packages during the work process.
- Continuously think of ways to improve work processes.
- Maintain open communication with internal customers at all times.
- The Technician must be able to impart knowledge to junior technicians clearly and thoroughly.
- General knowledge equivalent to high school education.
- The Overhaul/Test Technician must have at least 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry preferably in the fields of electromechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic component overhaul. The individual must be familiar with CFR 145 and EASA 145.
- Individual must know how to read, comprehend and understand engineering prints, specifications, overhaul or component maintenance manuals, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic schematics.
- They must be knowledgeable with the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments and equipment such as: calipers, height gages, depth indicators, micrometers, power supplies, multimeters, pressure gages, flow meters, etc. The Technician needs to have some basic knowledge of office software (Word, excel, etc).