Electronic Overhaul Test Technician
Chatsworth, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Electronic Test Technician is responsible for inspecting, cleaning, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling and testing a variety of electronics products that we repair or manufacture for the aerospace industry. These processes are done to determine whether products repaired or manufactured meet specification, and/or electrical performance. This is accomplished by applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, electronic and electrical testing.
The electronics test technician must know how to use basic analog and digital electronic equipment such as: Oscilloscopes, DMM, VOM, Curve Tracers, and related electronic equipment.
- Pick up assigned unit from lead/supervisor daily
- Disassemble, evaluate, troubleshoot to component level, quote, repair as necessary, reassemble and test all units
- Test parts per instructions as received
- Maintains an organized and clean work area
- Recommend changes to ATP’s, CMM’s, Specs, and Work Orders/Travelers as necessary
- Repair or calibrate units which do not meet the criteria of ATP
- Develop ideas to promote continuous improvement
- Process all applicable paperwork in according to our ISO/Repair Station & Quality Manual
- Maintain accurate documents and records at all times
- Maintain open communication with internal customers
- Experience with RF/ Weather Radar is a plus
- Associate’s Degree in related technical field, or equivalent education required.
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in electronic test and troubleshooting capacity.
- Good reading, writing & math skills; good computer skills; knowledge of office software apps; understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components; proficient in reading and interpreting assembly / test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions, use diagnostic and hand tools, effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels, understand and operate electronic test equipment, and handle multiple tasks at the same time.