Refrigeration Service Technician
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Responsible for system commissioning and service activities for custom designed controlled environment rooms, typically with temperature, humidity, ventilation and lighting control. Involved with refrigeration activities throughout the lifecycle of design, build, and service. Perform system turn over to the end user and all aspects of the service business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide field service and assistance when needed.
- Schedule and oversee controls, refrigeration and mechanical components start-up.
- Execute equipment commissioning and provide necessary configuration and calibration for suitable equipment/controls operation and insure adherence to Good Installation Practices.
- Prepare and provide maintenance and preventative care proposals for installed equipment.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications.
- Provide user training of systems, equipment, controls and procedures.
- Track and report time and materials on projects
- Provide technical support to users and field service personnel.
- Understand and modify PLC logic for specified environment rooms, including refrigeration, humidification/dehumidification, lighting, sensors, and alarms.
- Resolve punch list issues.
- Propose and implement changes to the service business to provide more responsive service, more service revenue, and lower service costs.
- Coordinate piping runs according to BIM and site inspection.
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors, and suppliers of equipment and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills required, especially as they apply to problem solving of refrigeration equipment, electrical components, controls, and building construction.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of hand tools, refrigeration related analytical and testing tools, electrical and controls testing, calibration and configuration equipment and related HVAC/R trade tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of team members, managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Proficient at reading commercial construction blueprints and specifications (CSI format).
- Ability to read ladder type electrical schematics (IEEE).
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of recent experience with refrigeration theory, installation and service.
- Experience in mechanical/electrical control logic and schematics’ interpretation, implementation, and troubleshooting. This skill must also include proficiency with digital and analog I/O, loop control, AC and DC power, temperature and humidity control.
- Universal Refrigerant Handling certification.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81860