Willowbrook, Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
PEAK Technical is looking for an Electrical Systems Engineer on a long term (1-2 years) contract. You will provide system engineering expertise to help capture new projects and support existing projects for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Design systems and networks based on customer requirements and specifications for communications and security applications.
- Be the lead engineer on proposals and projects.
- Develop cost estimates for these systems and networks including; equipment costs, material costs, and installation costs.
- Lead design reviews and project coordination meetings.
- Create system plans including diagrams, engineering and as-built drawings, scopes of work, test plans and procedures, implementation plans, project schedules, and bid packages.
- Work with outside vendors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
Must have a BS Engineering degree, preferably BSEE, and a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in an applicable field.
- Access control systems such as gate control, door control, card readers, central software control, remote sensors, intercom systems, and biometrics.
- Genetec software exp. is preferred.
- Intrusion detection systems such as passive infrared detectors, microwave detectors, fence sensor systems and video analytics based solutions.
- Cameras-analog, digital, thermal, fixed, pan/tilt/zoom, and networked.
- CCTV systems components including the following: video transmission equipment, network based video solutions, video encoders, video multiplexers, video switchers, analog video recorders, and digital video recorders.
- Network systems and IP based systems with video management solutions.
- Software House software package experience is preferred.
- Software such as spreadsheets, Microsoft® Word, project scheduling, and computer aided design.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.