Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code – write exceptional software!
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application – We care about our user’s experience!
- Utilize git and JIRA/Confluence to manage your work.
- Work closely with your peers, QA, Product and Executives to define, design, implement and release new features to our users.
- Write unit tests and work with the QA team to further develop testing frameworks.
- Participate in code and design reviews with your peers to ensure high quality, efficient code and design are used in all your work.
- Spend time researching and evaluating new and relevant technologies and techniques in the mobile space. Evaluate new versions of Android, Android Studio and related libraries and technologies used in our apps.
- Work closely with our build/release engineering to ensure successful delivery to our end users for new features and fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- Strong knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
- Experience developing full Android applications
- Professional knowledge of Android application deployment
- Proficiency with Android Studio or Eclipse
- Understanding of proven design patterns and architectures
- Experience with RESTful APIs to communicate with backend services.
- Experience parsing JSON and XML
- Experience with functional and behavior driven testing
- Build and deployment for Android applications
- Other programming languages (C++, Python, Objective-C, Swift)
- Understanding of APK packaging, installation, structure of the Android filesystem, system applications & libraries
- Agile methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with other mobile platforms
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.