Senior Test Engineer
Tucson, Arizona - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Recommend, gain approval, and lead automated test designs for innovative products.
- Gather feedback from cross organizational teams and perform implementation of all automated tests and equipment drivers, which could be written in ANSI C, Perl, Python, Java, or other appropriate and cost effective test automation scripting languages.
- Verify and validate products meet or exceed specifications utilizing a mix of manual and automation testing theories and practices.
- Prepare, document, and maintain all test procedures and plans.
- Investigate, track and be resident expert on test automation tools, software stacks, and best practices.
- Identify and recommend test and measurement equipment purchases for test automation.
- Maintain, monitor, and service all test equipment, such as regularly scheduled calibrations.
- Collaborate with and guide multiple product development teams to ensure all products meet minimum Design for Testability (DFT) requirements so all features can be tested in an automated fashion.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for more robust DFT requirements.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Work closely with project teams, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent with at least 3 years’ hands on test automation experience.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Java, Java Scripting or Swing
- Experience with at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Expect, or ANSI C.
- Experience with at least one of the following: XML or JSON.
- Experience interfacing with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, digital multi-meters, DAQs, DIOs, etc. via protocols like GPIB, RS232, RS485, sockets, MODBUS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- Experience with any relational databases, such as SQL
- Experience with at least two bug tracking systems; HP Quality Center a plus.
- Experience with Selenium or Appium a plus.