Escondido, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The primary responsibility of the Piping Drafter will be to take conceptual system designs prepared by our staff process engineers and transform them into efficient, well thought-out, detailed equipment designs that meet their intended form and function.
Our Piping Drafter will work with our process engineering, mechanical design, electrical, instrumentation and controls groups to develop the final product.
Minimum requirements are: at least 4 to 5 years of relevant drafting experience, experience working in a manufacturing environment, good written and verbal communication skills, working knowledge of AutoCad, (Xrefs), 2D, AutoCAD Works, 3D, software, and general computer skills (MS Office).
Must have experience drafting mechanical piping systems (stainless steel, plastic and Hastelloy); knowledge of fabrication and machining standards; specifying valves and pumps; using appropriate tools for the job. Our skidded system designs take into consideration operating and maintenance requirements, as well as manufacturing cost. Company designs, builds, and installs custom engineered, integrated systems for chemical recovery & purification, industrial water & waste water treatment, and a variety of other specialty applications
- Create, review, and update P&ID's.
- Layout of design for a working model utilizing the P&ID's.
- Design and create skid frame detail and pipe spool detail drawings from that model.
- Oversee shop personnel, using completed drawings, during the construction of the machine to assist with construction issues of equipment installation and dimension verification.
- Review and evaluate customer specifications and equipment requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and clearly articulate design concepts.
- Ensure detailed mechanical equipment designs conform with agreed upon P&IDs, equipment specifications, and project manuals.
- Specific system components based on customer specifications and detailed sales proposals.
- Actively participate in a project teams comprised of process engineers, electrical engineers, instrumentation & controls engineers, sales engineers, and project managers.
- Work with designers and our production group to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Create reports to document analysis results and designs.
- Assist purchasing with evaluating alternative suppliers and/or parts.
- Review and correct mechanical system designs for form, function, and maintainability.
- Support sales team with cost estimates and attend pre-award client meetings when necessary.
Functional experience in multiple disciplines including, project engineering, mechanical design, estimating, skid fabrication and assembly, and equipment layout.
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Functional experience in the sales and marketing process including making presentations to potential customers.
Experience with AutoCad.
Working knowledge of hydraulic systems, e.g. pumps, valves, piping, etc.
Working knowledge of industry standards for fabrication and machining.
Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Hard working, detailed oriented, and well organized.
Computer skills and experience working in a Micro Soft Office environment.
Past experience designing membrane filtration systems (e.g. RO, NF, UF, and/or MF) a strong plus.
Computer Aided Drafting & Design Certificate