Senior Electrical Engineer
No location provided - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Position Summary and Essential Functions
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer with strong technical and management capabilities to support and advance the Building Electrical engineering practice.
The Building Electrical team is responsible for all building electrical systems including lighting, fire protection and low voltage. The professional will have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments.
His/her specific responsibilities will include:
• Designing electrical systems for building power; i.e. normal, emergency, and standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v, and medium voltage for industrial facilities.
• Documenting all necessary calculations for the design such as short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing, steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations, conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
• Designing lighting for food processing spaces, including lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level needs. Coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other trades.
• Designing fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and local building code.
• Designing low voltage systems such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi, access control, cameras, etc.
• Producing bid documents consisting of layout drawings, one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications.
• Procuring long lead light fixtures and power distribution equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, MCC’s, generators, variable speed drives, and UPS’s
• Managing electrical bid process for clients, observing construction, and assisting with startup.
• Project planning and feasibility studies.
• Actively participating in and supporting department-wide standard development, updates and maintenance.
The selected individual will also be responsible for selecting, developing, managing, and overseeing the work product of an electrical staff with all levels of experience.
The position reports to our company’s Building Electrical practice manager.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
Candidates will have a minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of relevant electrical design experience focused on industrial projects.
Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure is required.
The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required.
Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 25% of the year.
Candidate Attributes To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing for positive internal, client and contractor relationships.
Excellent technical writing skills for electrical engineering consulting applications are required as are outstanding problem-solving abilities.
The selected candidate must demonstrate a passion for the business of electrical engineering, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with our company.