Piping Layout Designer
No location provided - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Position Summary and Objective
The Piping Layout Designer will participate in the design and implementation of process and utility equipment strategies as part of our engineering team.
Candidates need to possess a fundamental understanding of Mechanical Layouts, Equipment Installation and Assembly.
The professional will also play a key part in the Generation of Process, Utility Equipment and Piping Layout Drawings.
The professional will also be involved in interpretation of Process and Instrument Diagrams (PID’s) to create piping drawings.
This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Design utility and process piping systems for food and beverage production industry.
- Gather and organize information for developing design drawings; visit client sites as needed to understand existing equipment and piping tie-in points.
- Oversee all aspects and details of piping design including, but not limited to: piping support, hose station, instrument, and control valve design and placement; venting, draining and overall layout of steam expansion loops; the appropriate connection types, grades, styles, lengths and use of sanitary stainless steel, carbon steel, PVC, alloy, and pneumatic piping.
- Work with process engineers on PIDs, process equipment arrangements and connection details.
- Work with the architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and control disciplines in the overall design coordination.
- Generate 3D piping and equipment models within CADWorx and AutoCAD using PIDs and vendor provided drawings.
- Prepare general arrangements, plans, elevations, isometrics and details.
- Execute 3D model reviews with client using Navisworks.
- Assist construction managers with coordination issues in the field.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or technical school certificate
- 3+ years of piping and equipment layout experience
- Familiarity with XREFS and basic drawing setup
- Requisite proficiency in AutoCAD
- 3D experience using CADWorx or similar programs
- Ability to convert PID to equipment and piping layouts (both 2D and 3D)
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus, but not required
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 20% of the year
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81904