Software Engineer II
Poway, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under the direction of an assigned lead or manager, will design and develop application software, which runs on control machines.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Participate in all phases of assigned projects, including design, testing and integration as required.
2. Utilize Visual Studio tools and object-oriented design (OOD) to develop software using C++.
3. Follow established engineering procedures and specifications for design and development of machine control software.
4. Support manufacturing floor as required.
5. Interface with customers and sales on projects as required.
May provide work leadership and training to lower level technical or professional employees.
Education/Training: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
Two to four years experience in developing application software, which runs on control machines. Requires experience with C++ with Visual Studio for machine automation. . C++ for embedded applications or C++ for windows applications/DBs is helpful, but the specific experience required is C++ with Visual Studio used for machine automation (moving motors and IOs).
Practical software engineering experience with C, C++, and real time operating systems. Skilled in Objective Oriented Design using Visual Studio and C++. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Thinks analytically, solves problems and makes sound decisions. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Works effectively in a team environment.