Tool and Die Maker - 3rd Shift
Fort Mill, South Carolina - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Shift: 3rd shift only
Our client currently has 4 openings on 3rd shift.
Client will consider any tool makers with stamping experience.
This position requires experience in metal stamping, the ability to prepare, breakdown, repair and troubleshoot COMPLEX tooling.
It also requires tool optimization and new tool development.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assembles tool sets for production
* Inspects tooling for damage or wear after production
* Completes complex tool optimization projects * Communicates with tool design on drawing changes for tooling
* Primary trainer tool preparation A and B
* Completes new tool development (complete die build for new product launch)
* Maintain complete and accurate records on tooling as required Maintain a clean a safe work area
* Follows all Safety rules and practices
* Follows all Quality procedures
Qualified candidates will have:
* Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology (machine tool curriculum) or formal Apprenticeship with journeymen's card
* A minimum of 10 years of experience
* Proficient with a variety of machine tools, including lathes, mills, grinders, etc.
* Skilled in the use of blue prints
* Proficient with the use of both metric and standard measurement systems
* Proficient in the use of precision gauging
* Preference will be given to candidates with 10+ years of experience or experience with both progressive and modular dies.
* Must come from a High Speed/High Production environment (Currently producing 11,000 Bearings per day)
* Experience must be reflected on each candidate's resume, showing detail about what machines candidate has worked on.
* Candidate must be accustomed to working with Progressive and High Speed Dies
* Must be able to produce Micron Level Tolerances (Presses are 45 Ton up to 450 Ton Presses)
* Must have experience with Tool Development
* Client will offer some relo (Under 6K depending on current housing situation)
* Preference would be a background working with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier.
* Contractors on 2nd and 3rd shift receive a 12% shift differential.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81929