Test Engineer II
Milpitas, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
If you are interested in making an impact, then this is the place for you!!
The ideal candidates will have hands-on experience developing ATE and bench test protocols for RF components.
Primary responsibility will be to process products through the Test and Burn-In departments, development of all necessary test hardware and software.
- Analyze specifications, review all supporting documentation and (as required) meet with customer to develop and support the costing of a comprehensive Statement of Customer Requirement
- Define, develop, debug, and implement all major elements of electrical test programs for specific device types utilizing high-speed ATE and compliant test methodologies
- Generate written documentation to include test hardware schematics, engineering drawings, standards, specifications, data analysis, and technical reports. Produce all pertinent test kit documentation and peer review the documentation of other engineers
- Coordinate programming of automatic factory test equipment and the checkouts of test programs for both completeness and accuracy
- Conduct experimental investigations as to test methodologies, test fixture design and development, product yield improvement, process quality controls, etc. Analyze experiment results and initiate / implement solutions
- Provide technical analysis of related product issues. Participate in the resolution of any issues found
- Communicate with customers relative to the completeness, repeatability, and accuracy of test programs. Review apparent issues and propose solutions as needed
- Supervise, review and sign-off on customer data-packs
- Assist with routine calibration, preventative maintenance, and minor repairs of the ATE systems
- Retain a constant awareness of the economics of the business and competitors, devoting efforts to controlling and reducing costs without compromising the integrity of the assignment
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal and external business partners
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Work independently on small or moderately complex test engineering projects or assist on large complex test engineering projects
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty, confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of experience with the electrical testing of RF Integrated Circuits in a Product Engineering, or Test Engineering role
- Experience programming applicable ATE’s or equivalent
- Experience in the testing of Mixed Signal ASICS and FPGA’s highly desired
- Demonstrated understanding of device parameters, test philosophy, and methods
- Ability to work on multiple projects and positively adjust to priority changes within a dynamic work environment
- Ability to furnish technical guidance to colleagues, including test operators, technicians, and lower coded engineers
- Possess a strong programming aptitude, solid understanding of many digital, linear, mixed-signal, memory, and discrete device parameters, and test methodologies used in their measurement
- Experience within the military and space industries, preferred
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in the electronics industry, strongly preferred
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry, preferred
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering from a fully accredited college or university
Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen