Ayer, Massachusetts - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Major purpose: In this dynamic role you'll use 3-Dimensional (3D) CAD software to design electro-mechanical components and create detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. You must be familiar with ASME drafting and drawing practice, and good with maintaining documents and files using PLM software.
Major functions: Your Day To Day Responsibilities:
- Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software (Inventor) to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions using standard industry principles for product design.
- Design mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) principles.
- Create and revises production electro-mechanical drawings (assembly drawings with details).
- Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal, machining and weld operations.
- Make finished drawings, checks dimensions of parts, materials to be used, and component relationships. Sketches rough layout of design concept and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes. Draft detailed multiview drawings of assemblies and products. Draws finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Update Drafting / Engineering Standards, make source control drawings.
- Create and process engineering change notices.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical product manufacturing issues. Revise documentation as needed.
- Communicate with QA, Engineering, Vendors, Buyers and Manufacturing departments regarding new and revised drawings.
- Build BOMs (Bill of Materials), resolve manufacturing issues, and implements ECRs and ECOs (Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Change Orders).
- Travel and working off-site at another location may be required.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Your Education/Experience Includes:
- 5-10+ years of experience working with the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical products using 3D CAD software (Inventor).
- Knowledge of military standards and specifications is a plus.
- Associates Degree or College Degree preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
As part of the L-3 Maritime Systems Division, our core business is communication, navigation and control systems for Navy ships, including Integrated Voice Systems (telephone, intercom, announcing, radio, wire free, etc.), Ship Control and Integrated Bridge Systems, Computerized Information Systems and Machinery Control Systems. We utilize the latest commercial technology and apply it to the unique applications that exist on Navy ships.
We strive for diversity and offer a wide range of benefits. Our programs and policies include among others: medical, dental, vision insurance, STD and LTD, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, 401(k) with employer match, ESPP, life/AD&D insurance, business travel accident insurance, Employee Assistance Program, a 9/80 schedule, competitive pay and discounts with many merchants.
L-3 Communications, Henschel is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
We are a CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company
: Henschel Inc
US Citizenship Required:
Rapid Gate Required:
Rapid Gate Required:: $ per hour