Site Reliability Engineer
Vancouver, Washington - Tech Talent Link, Inc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform DevOps-focused work in a hybrid environment of on-premise and AWS servers.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Chef Automate, AWS Code Deploy, MSBuild, Visual Studio, and AWS Code Pipeline to deliver code to all environments.
- Manage the availability, scalability and performance of the Company's developed applications & integration solutions.
- Assist with developing custom software applications, web services (REST and SOAP), and micro-services in large-scale distributed systems.
- Assist with providing analysis and integration solutions for disparate systems.
- Design and develop effective monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Must be willing to be on-call to support company's uptime needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient working with AWS (EC2, AutoScaling, VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, Lambda).
- Experience with CI/CD tools and concepts.
- Infrastructure automation in a Linux environment. Windows experience a plus. Experience with config management tool like Chef.
- Experience with Linux System Administration.
- Understands technical integration technologies such as API operations and XML and JSON concepts, as well as other web and database technology so decisions can be made on project plan requirements and where appropriate perform coding to support the technical requirements.
- Proficient in scripting languages.
- Experience producing software development scope/specification documentation.
- Networking, automation, and high-level infrastructure architecture experience.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL Server or MySQL).
- Familiarity with Agile.
- Familiarity with version control system, preferably GitHub.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree in Computer Science.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software design and development.