Looking to hire a degreed Engineer 5-10 years of experience or open to journeyman. They are open to non traditional hire if the guy wanted 30 hours a week or something. Wanting experience with pipeline design, reservoir, put plans together, specs. Could potentially hire two.
They have a back log of work and need help. They had a guy just leave who was making money in the mid 80k range who left to go to work at City of San Diego. They have had challenges with people leaving to go work for city/state agencies (benefits, penions etc).
- Engineer (can be civil, mechanical, chemical, environmental) with hands on design experience preparing plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, and studies for water/wastewater public agency projects such as pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs, treatment plants, sewers, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation is preferred however not essential for the right candidate.
- Some of the other qualities are ability to multi-task and take responsibility for work products (under direction and supervision of Sr. staff, of course) and ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Writing skills are highly desirable, i.e., someone who has had a hand in authoring technical reports and studies in support of the aforementioned project types is desirable.
- Interested in hiring an engineer that is hands on with design for municipal water projects including pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants.
- Open to varying experience level but someone with say minimum 5 years.
Experience level can be mid to senior level, we’ re flexible - personality is the most important, someone who can fit in their team, multitask, and be hands on with clients is most prefe