POSITION SUMMARY: Participate on a high volume team with highly diversified duties and responsibilities; with general knowledge of set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic work pieces. This position supports the site’ s business goals and objectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as gauges or micrometers.
- Lift and position workpieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
- Set up tool holders with the cutting tools according to the cutter list for the component to be machined.
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic workpieces.
- Observe machine operations to detect any problems; make necessary adjustments to correct problems.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, utilizing knowledge of machine operation.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
- Select machine tooling to be used, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements.
- Study blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications, tool requirements, and operational sequences.
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Assist in the generating of purchase requisitions for cutting tools and all necessary supplies to machine the product.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Proficient computer, written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.