Electrical Project Manager
Kavaliro, Santa Rosa CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Set up projects in estimating program.
· Complete estimates as required following established gross profit targets.
· Prepare proposals and make sure they meet standards.
· Ensure all budgets are exported and/or entered into the accounting program.
· Projections are setup in the projection worksheet
· Procure a construction schedule from the builder showing all the activity sequencing and activity durations.
· Work with the field lead to preplan the project. Review the estimate, budget, submittals, schedule, and work details as required. Confirm all relevant information is in the field binders.
· Ensure the timely completion and delivery of project documents necessary to communicate to field personnel, clients and others the intended wiring design, layout, scope of work and all necessary budget parameters.
· Prepare requests for information (RFI) to clients and relevant contractors.
· Link RFIs to change order requests when applicable
· Log RFIs appropriately
· Collaborate with management to determine appropriate personnel for projects.
Project Execution, Monitoring, and Controlling
· Ensure compliance with safety regulations and OSHA requirements on the job site
· Schedule field crew to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness.
· Ensure documents are kept current throughout the project.
· Ensure the highest quality workmanship on each task
· Make sure all COs are received from the field and submitted to the client on a timely basis.
· Obtain client approval on change orders.
· Maintain change order logs
· Maintain proper communications between the company and all parties involved including the client, general contractor, and other trades.
· Realistically manage the expectations of clients, general contractors, other trades, designers, consultants and other subcontractors.
· Participate in job progress meetings with members of the field personnel team as required.
· Continuously review the job progress and problems with project team
· Work with purchasing to ensure that all equipment and materials required for an assigned project are requested, purchased, staged, and delivered to site on a timely basis.
· Recommend the appropriate suppliers to the purchasing agent for the project.
· Review material and equipment submittals, releases, and delivery schedules with on-site project lead.
· Perform financial analysis and schedule projections for all assignments
· Review job cost reports and provide feedback at PM meetings about variances in the budget.
· Prepare monthly billings using progress billing and work with the client on approval of invoices to minimize problems with receivable aging
· Maintain detailed punch lists
· Archive project documentation including as built drawings, warranty, equipment manuals, OEM documentation, and system information
· Ensure that left over material returned to our shop is dispositioned properly
· Complete performance summaries for project personnel with input from project team
· Assist customer service with system support after project completion
· Assist with training and continuing education of field personnel
· Work with accounting department to ensure that vendor/supplier invoices are recorded accurately and client receivables are processed in a timely manner.
· Support and promote customer-focused culture, which encourages collaboration, innovation, accountability, and professional development of all team members.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of field crews on assigned projects
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to properly manage time to complete necessary tasks
- Organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of electrical experience as a certified electrician
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management of construction management preferred
- Electrical Estimating experience preferred
- Previous estimating software such as SAGE, ACCUBID, McCormick, etc. preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical code
- Design/Build Experience preferred
Speak, read and write English
Basic to Advanced Mathematic Skills required