• Conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of PLC and PC-based control systems for laser industrial processing equipment based on customer requirements
• Detailed design for control subsystems
• Other tasks and projects assigned by the position’ s supervisor and company management from time to time Expected abilities
: • Analyze and specify technical requirements for automation control subsystems and components
• Detailed control architecture design including block diagrams and interconnect layouts
• Detailed design of automation controls subsystems consisting of detailed electrical, control, signaling, and power design, and specification of PLC and controller functionality
• Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems.
• Electromechanical packaging design and strong knowledge of typical control hardware.
• Work with customer, sales person, and other systems engineers to develop machine requirements specification during the quotation phase.
• Estimate time and materials required for all product development and construction activities.
• Conduct design reviews to customer, engineering and management personnel
• Specify design verification test requirements, and conduct, review and approve the results of such tests.
• Provide technical supervision to systems technicians and CAD designers as needed
• Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
• Represent the company in a professional manner to the customers, vendors, and other people and organizations outside the company.
• Supervise the documentation and release of specific standard Systems products, " Building Blocks", including planning, design, documentation and engineering release. Requirements
• Four-year degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer/Industrial Engineering
• Working knowledge of current electrical safety standards
• Work experience using schematic capture tools and standard electronic test equipment
• Practical experience of professional engineering design and document control methodology
• Experience working collaboratively with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to design for long term support and modification
• At least three years of experience in designing or specifying automation controls with emphasis on power and control electronic design