In this exciting hands-on, fast-paced Mechatronics/Electro-Mechanical Engineering role you will manage projects and identify innovative technical solutions for advanced manufacturing process development such as automation. This position reports to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering.
While this position will start on contract, our client is interested in converting this individual into a direct role with their company.
- Project Management of mechatronic/electro-mechanical equipment, tools, and control programs for new equipment to include cost estimation and justification.
- Project Management and design oversight of electro-mechanical equipment and test apparatus to include specification, development, design review, installation, qualification, and commissioning.
- Technical problem solving.
- Leadership in safety related to manufacturing processes.
- Mechanical and electrical principles for manufacturing equipment to assemble, test, and convey
- Safety and Ergonomic principles and regulations
- Quality testing and measurement techniques and procedures
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Lean Six Sigma & Continuous Improvement
- Manage multiple projects, goals, and deadlines simultaneously
- Pro-actively participate in cross-functional teams
- Communicate and gain consensus within all levels of the organization
- Travel is required; extent varies with project work
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics or Electro-mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant engineering experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing automation experience
- Minimum of 3 years of PLC or robotics programming experience