Informatica Developer/Analytics Analyst
The Informatica Developer will be responsible for the design and development of enterprise data integration systems using Informatica Power Center and related tools. The job includes data warehouse development and support and development of new integrations using web, API, Teradata, and other technologies.
Responsibilities may include:
- Designing and developing ETL solutions using Informatica Power Center that follow the in-house ETL development standards; managing program coding for the extraction of data from all existing source systems, transforming data to industry standards and generating extract files.
- Establishing testing/quality assurance environments; working with clients and system to ensure that programs and modifications are error free.
- Monitoring system performance, and other aspects of systems to identify technical problems; monitoring data integrity to identify data quality problems; designing and enhance the data quality improvement process including feedback to system stewards.
- Troubleshooting Power Center workflow errors and problems.
- Providing technical support to users; assisting clients in analyzing functional problems; work with clients to prioritize the data quality concerns and to communicate the need for accurate data by other constituents at the university; producing technical specifications and data mappings document; documenting the program modifications
- Documenting the solutions, the programming changes, and the problems and resolutions
- Support Informatica Power Center ETL -Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Data warehouse (Teradata) and ETL activities.
- Work with business users and data owners to gather requirements for new or changing ETL solutions.
- Tune long running workflows/session for better performance in Prod.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Engineering or other related technical discipline or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in integration development using Informatica Power Center
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries using Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft T-SQL, or Teradata SQL
- 5+ years of experience with the system development lifecycle, such as gathering and refining requirements, data analyzing and data profiling, designing and implementing solution, handling sensitive data sets, production deployment, troubleshooting and production support, data conversion, etc.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of experience in depth hand’ s on application development experience in Informatica ETL workflows and Oracle SQL/PLSQL/Teradata database.
- Experience in SCD Type1 and Type2 data warehouse development and support.
- 3 years of experience creating and maintaining web service, HTTP and API Integration using Informatica Power Center
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining Linux Bash scripts, Perl scripting, python scripting.
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining Informatica BDM.
- 3+ years of experience with development using Informatica Power Exchange (Change Data Capture/CDC methodologies).
- 3+ years of experience creating Integration through Informatica cloud
- 3 years of experience creating and maintaining web service Integration using Informatica Power Center
- 3 years of experience with Informatica B2B/DX & DT development
- 3 years of experience creating and maintaining Informatica MDM and IDQ
- 3 years of experience writing Teradata SQL queries
- 1+ years of experience with Spotfire, MSBI, or other data analytics reporting tool
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical