Heartland Payments Systems is known for our integrity, honesty and transparent business
practices. We are interested in individuals who possess similar attributes. If you are committed,
driven, resilient, aware and respectful – Heartland is the place for you! Heartland’s culture is
unique in the industry and the #1 reason you should join our Team - how we operate as a
company, who we are in the marketplace and the quality of sales professionals who are part of
the Heartland Team. We have been voted the #1 company to sell for by Selling Power Magazine
for 4 years.
Division Sales Managers (DMs) are senior leaders of our organization whose responsibility is to
deliver a replicable growth strategy that produces margin and builds infrastructure for
Heartland's current and future goals. A Division Manager must manage and achieve their
Division’s productive sales goal on a monthly basis. Leads and manages a team of Territory
Managers (TM) and Relationship Managers (RM) who are responsible for the direct sale of
Heartland’s payment solutions and related products offered in a specified region or major
Here’s what you can expect at Heartland:
- No Salary Caps - Make What You Earn – W-2 with benefits
- Lifetime Residuals – Own Your Portfolio – Uncapped residuals that build wealth monthly, while collecting on vested equity — even if you don’t work at Heartland forever
- Work-Life Balance - Our comprehensive training program ensures you get on track, stay on track and secure success while giving you balance to in your personal and professional lives.
- Use of atlas, our groundbreaking iPad platform for lead generation, sales presentations, on the spot client financial analyses and paperless contract processing.
- Daily and Weekly Division level emails (production updates, important announcements, celebratory emails)
- Weekly or Monthly Division level calls
- Daily Coaching Call with TM/RM
- Responsible for RM/TM Activity
- Responsible for Development of TMs
- Build TM Business Plan
- Train TM on building RM Business Plans
- Owner of Banks, Associations, VARS, CPAs and other partner relationships
- Ensure partner has RM coverage at all times.
- Provide guidance to team on Multiple Product distribution
- Partner Payroll Sales Team in Division
- Guidance for Division to execute with corporate training resources
- Attendance at Market EMW courses and participation at EDs request
- Semi Annual DM training
- Source for top notch sales professionals on Social Media
- Local networking to find sales professionals
- Conduct interviews with prospective candidates
Monitor and Adhere to Sales Policy
- DMs are responsible for their team’s adherence to corporate sales policy
Desired Skills and Experience
A minimum of 3 to 5 years outside sales and sales management experience. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in the business equipment/payment systems environment, hiring, training, coaching and leading sales teams. Proven track record of success in building an effective sales team.
Knowledge: Strong industry knowledge, as well as a working knowledge of the sales process.
Position utilizes knowledge typically associated with a four-year college degree or a combination of formal training and relevant work experience. A thorough understanding of how to effectively manage the entire sales cycles is imperative.
- Basic PC skills and the ability to work with Word and Excel or other similar software, e-mail and the Internet.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously so that sales results remain consistent from one month to the next. Strong selling skills to close around objections. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take charge and complete objectives.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, customer focus and strong work ethic. Pro-active thinker. Ability to develop "innovative approaches" to problem solving. Effectively manage change.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including effective speaking before groups.
- Strong leadership skills, organization "savvy" and the ability to work independently a must.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply.
Heartland Payment Systems is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a
diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.