Jobs related to "E/M Technician"
This is a position requiring someone who can work independently with minimal direction; someone with a solid work ethic and great attitude, and of course strong mechanical and electrical skills.
Ideal experience is to have worked in any of the following disciplines: buses, trains, trucks, autos, aircraft, industrial equipment such as farm, forklift, earth movers, etc.
- The travel technician will need to be computer savvy, have their own laptop and able to, travel at short notice, work nights and weekends if need be.
- Have a professional appearance, be able to communicate with the customer both in person, on the phone and via email, sometimes under pressure/disgruntled customers.
- Need to have strong knowledge of electrical components and systems as well as mechanical systems and associated machinery
- Transit bus industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must have their own tools.
- The technician will be troubleshooting (will have to know how to read schematics, blueprints, drawings etc.).
- Retrofit work will be done at times & investigations into issues.
- The technician will at times do acceptances of new vehicles when they arrive to the customer.
- Repair customer write ups on the buses, if there is issues, figure out how to fix &/or provide detailed reporting of the problem so engineering can address.